Replacement Parts for Trafic's, Vivaro's and Probably Primastars (TVP's)

I decided to split parts I bought for the van to keep it running apart from all the bits I purchased for the conversion, so here they are, the list is fairly extensive!!

BRAKE CALLIPERS - I suffered from a jammed calliper at one point so had to replace the entire unit, I still have the other side to fit at some point! The link is for one, but at only £50, not bad.

EGR BLANKING PLATE - So I bought this after my van broke down on me in a mcdonald's drive thru. Turns out my EGR was sticking open, which meant it lost its vacuum and died. Had I known at the time I would have gotten out and smacked it with a hammer to get it going again. Alas I did not know this. Anyway after the AA sorted me out, my engineer friend at work explained to me that no-one replaces EGR valves (not at £90 for a Trafic) and that I should blank it off. After removing the EGR and cleaning it after discovering it did in fact still work, it still kept failing, so I removed and blanked it off. It keeps your engine cleaner and tidier, running better too, got loads more power back. Sweettt

WASHER JET SPRAY NOZZLES - Not really a van camper mod, but necessary for my mot! Only just got them in time too, but did work great. Sadly really easy to block up, each nozzle sprays two jets and already one jet on one nozzle is blocked again, but a cheap Renault part.

WINDSCREEN WASHER FLUID CAP - The one that came with the van didn't clip on and was really annoying just hanging there. When filling up fluid just slopped everywhere. I mean what the hell is that all about? This cost next to nothing and fitted like new. Obviously as its new. Right?

DOOR CARD INTERNAL CLIPS - These were necessary for the door cards once removed for carpeting and insulating. Over the life of the van, the cold and all the temperature changes make these go brittle, so a lot of them break when you remove the panels. Or if like me, when you replace the panels, and don't get them quite lined up, some snap there and then, and you need spares. I bought 30 of these, way more than needed but definitely didn't want to run out.

WINDOW WINDER HANDLE - My driver side handle literally came off in me hand guv'nor, and this was cheap as chips. Literally. And dead easy to fit.

RADIATOR - When having the van checked over by my mobile mechanic, I also asked him to replace my coolant as it was all brown and frankly minging. What he found was that the system had been sealed with something similar or the same as Radweld, and that flushing and replacing the fluid may make it leak again from the radiator, as it wasn't even totally sealed. Leaking enough for him to spot it underneath, but not enough to drip on the floor for me to find it. Upon looking on Euro Car Parts, even to my mechanics surprise, I got one for around £60 which was awesome brand new. Don't forget that Euro Car Parts and Car Parts 4 Less always have discounts running, and even if not, add it to your basket, log in and make an account, and leave it alone. Within 24 hours, they'll offer you 30 per cent to complete the transaction, making it cheaper.

LED BULBS - LED bulbs for Trafics can be complicated and not always work. So I have only upgraded two lights, which are the cab light (so much brighter and better), and the rear number plate light. The rest of the light upgrades can be expensive and not always work, so I havent bothered. I will be buying Osram Night Breakers headlights though as the standard bulbs are like literally pointing candles out of the front. Useless. I got my LED's from TVP Customs on Facebook, but these can be bought dirt cheap on eBay too.

So far, this is all the work she has needed except for the CV joints and one tracking rod end, fingers crossed it stays that way!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!