Carpettt

Improvements continue....

Had a few more nights in the van recently, and decided that some more additions needed to be made.

Firstly, the new usb charger I installed at the back of the van has a MASSIVE, brighter than the sun blue LED on it, that keeps me awake when I'm trying to sleep. In the dark it is quite bright. This isn't really a modification, more of something a piece of masking tape will solve!!

I then decided I hate the look of the rear door cards, so I asked a reputable company for a quote to carpet them and the side door card. £300!!! That was obviously a no go, but I was also told that the cards would need replacing with ply etc etc etc. Nahhh, I decided to see if I had any carpet left, and I did, so a quick trip to Screwfix for some more spray adhesive, and I was away.

The first one was a bit rough, I was fecking about in the dark doing it at home, and missed some creases, and I was confident that they would fit back on the van even with carpet stretched over the edges, which was why the company wanted to replace them with ply.

Well they were wrong, they fit back on with a bit of a smack.

So now all I need is another inner hinge handle thing for one side (I've been trying to source a cheaper one for a year!!). I may even give up and make two instead..

Anyway, I'm also taking this opportunity to insulate the back doors with the foil stuff, as that is all that will fit, and all that I have left.

I also still need to mount my fancy extension lead with LED switch onto my mini bulkhead. This is for easy of my shore cable, with RCD box that runs through the windows at the front underneath the wind deflectors. I can keep the box in the cab and run the extension lead nice and neatly into the back.... Which reminds me, I STILL need to make the curtain, as I'm losing a lot of heat to the front.

Van life, fun eh? Expensive also, but a fun project and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!