Busy November

Sooo despite the quiet, I have in fact been doing things. I seem to have an obscene addiction to buying things for my van.... the latest purchase being a set of front mats, in a lovely grey with red edges.

These are thanks to Marks Mats, a guy I heard about on one of the TVP (Trafic, Vivaro and Primastar) groups on Facebook. He doesn't seem to have a dedicated Facebook page, so just search for Marks Mats and the guy will come up.

Absolutely great value, he sent these to me for £20 inc delivery, and there are a range of colours available, and you can choose from all the colours for mat colour and then again for the edging. I ordered on the wednesday, and they were in my van by Friday night! For a slightly more luxurious carpet, you'll have to bang out another £10, but I'd say it was worth it for sure.

While I'm on the subject of Facebook groups, there are a load of guys like Mark from Marks Mats that advertise stuff at discounted rates on the groups. Ive also ordered various Trafic fitted decals, such as vinyl covers for the heater dials (yet to be installed), and also a guy from a TVP specific breaker yard. I paid him £10 for a rear door inner hinge handle, and got it in the post! I've spent a year looking for one of these handles, despite the fact they're all over eBay for £20 delivered. I just didn't want to pay that much for a piece of plastic you know? This is the plastic handle below, carpeted.
Annndd onto the next mod, the carpet. I decided like above, to carpet the handles and the door cards, including the sliding door. This was to make it look nicer, as it had been used as a normal workman van before and was covered in shit.

As mentioned in the last blog post, the quote I had from a company was £300! I managed to find my left over carpet from doing the ply walls, and luckily I had enough for all 3 door cards. Bought some door card clips, the interior ones as they tend to snap when you remove the door cards. The cold and many years of sitting make them brittle. I also broke a few putting them back on, if they aren't quite lined up and you smack them, you can hear bits of plastic falling! In any case make sure you buy a few, I bought 30 or so and that did me just fine - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-RENAULT-TRAFIC-Mk-II-DOOR-CARD-PANEL-TRIM-CLIPS-INTERIOR/321463935698?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648


The last month hasn't been without its problems though. Nothing major mind. Just a loose connection underneath a seat. Had the service and air bag dash lights come on and hang about. One picture on a TVP group and I had the problem diagnosed.  A wiring harness on the passenger side had been cut previously, and I'm not sure why this fault appeared now, but once i removed the half of the connector that had been chopped, the fault went away!


STILL HAVENT DONE THE TRACKING THOUGH!! But trying to find some new alloys to replace my 50p shaped ones.... might as well get the new wheels put on, tyres swapped and tracking done all at the same time.

The curtain I've also been banging on about has started to take shape...done and in place soon.

Im not sure if I have covered everything that has happened, but if I forgot anything I'll whack it in another post. For now, I am editing a couple of new van videos, and still adding bits to the van all the time. Tax and insurance also due in Jan as we bought it a year ago - dont half like to spend all my money at once....





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!