Paranoia from Facebook Groups!

Quick update for the few people that may read this or follow any of my stuff. Unless you've already seen my Twitter. We have had to rearrange our first trip of 2018 to Durdle Door due to the frigging weather. As all good British people who sh*t the bed when a little white stuff falls from the sky, we rearranged so that we didn't get caught up in other people sh*tting the bed in the snow. Plus sitting outside in a Sheltapod when its minus 1 degrees and blowing a force 7 wind, didn't sound like the ideal first use, or much fun. Very disappointing as this is the second trip away this month we have had to cancel due to the snow, and we were really looking forward to it. And I really want to fly my drone. Like really badly. Like now... But onto the actual point of this post below............

As soon as I got my van, I joined some Facebook groups aimed at TVP's (Trafics, Vivaro's and Primastars, Renault, Vauxhall and Nissan). These were set up to help people who own these with any problems, customisation and much more. As it turns out, not sure about the Vivaro's or Primastars, but the Trafics have a lot of common problems.

My news feed is constantly full of people asking if they've seen this error code or that error code, heard this or that noise etc etc blah blah..

And quite frankly, IT'S SO ANNOYING!  It makes me paranoid as hell about my own van, even though it's given me no trouble before or after the EGR valve getting stuck on in the Mcdonalds drive thru that one time... If you have read my other posts you will know that I'm not sore about this at all....

Every little noise, squeak, bang, rub, vibration or whatever it is makes me run through the historical problems of other people on the TVP groups and hope that I dont have this problem or that problem as it'll cost this much to buy and repair. Then I run through how I won't be able to afford to fix that and run it on the road, and my car as well, then I have to remind myself that I've no one to blame but myself for insisting on wanting a car and a campervan!!!! On the plus side, my car is a top spec Ford Focus, which is silent and smooth and glides, and is cheap to run and service. All of this is very nice, but it means I hear every noise the van makes.

Enough of that anyway, this is the reason that I will be turning off a lot of notifications and hiding the stories from my wall so as to not worry myself so much, but can then refer to these groups when I do actually have a problem.

The only saving grace I have is that I work in a place with a lot of engineers that work with everything, I know a lot of good people that will help for some beers rather than money, and that I am also pretty handy with a spanner, which I should be given that my day job is to run and look after a fleet of heavy machinery for progressing business in the marine industry.

As above, we haven't actually arranged a new date for Durdle Door yet as I have a rota to work around, but will hopefully sort that soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

Our lacking trip schedule.....

MORE MODS!!!