Insurance and breakdown cover

Because we bought our Trafic in Jan this year, everything is up for renewal now...which sucks along with christmas.

I've had the renewals for a little while now, and to be honest have probably been procrastinating from dealing with them as I hate dealing with these things. Feels like I'm throwing my money away. For the price of insurance and breakdown cover, I could have bought the awning and side window I have wanted for ages.

Anyways, I managed to get my insurance down to cheaper than my cheapest new quote, so have renewed with the insurer I've been with for the last year. Funny thing though, I had my old man on a a named driver, last year he took the insurance right down because he was born in 1882 and been driving longer than I've been alive! This year, I changed his profession and it doubled the insurance!!!!!

So removing him has made mine cheaper, along with the reduction in mileage, 6000 was a bit keen this last year.

AND then, I called the AA. They sent me a renewal of £167, which was for relay (national recovery anywhere) and roadside assistance. So full cover on a single membership (any vehicle that I am in, so my car is covered too). The lovely lady on the end of the phone asked me what sort of distances I would be driving, so I told her, lots of little car journeys in the car, and longer but fewer trips in the van, to which she replied that the cheapest they could bring it down to was £109. Interestingly, if you get a quote for breakdown cover online as a new customer, with all the same things as described above, it comes to £109! What a coincidence! So even though they have now given me Gold membership (a few more benefits to silver and standard, I was silver last year), they wanted to charge me more. I do wonder if that was because of my one call out this year for the EGR valve?

Anyway the point is that I still have my gold membership as offered, national recovery and roadside assistance, and because I made one quick phone call, I saved a load of money.

As a result of two quick phone calls, I saved loads of money and made this years vanning possible once more.

So remember, always call, always haggle, never automatically renew.

TRIPS PLANNED ALREADY, WALES IS THE FIRST ONE COMING SOON!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!