Van Upgrades (Reversing Camera, Wind Deflectors, Etc)

This is the third and final list of stuff purchased for the van. I felt it didn't really fit into the other categories as these weren't necessary, but made my life both in and when driving the van much easier and nicer.

REVERSING CAMERA - I got to drive a friends van when I moved flats once and he had installed one of these, made life much easier. Especially when you have never driven a van before and it feels like you're driving a tank. Odd really as I drive 42 tonne marine forklifts for a living, and this van felt massive on a road! An extremely cheap and worthwhile upgrade, which is the reason it was one of the first upgrades made before I started anything.

WIND DEFLECTORS - These were bought for three reasons. 1) they look cool. 2) the allow me ventilation when camping so I didn't need to cut a vent hole, and allow for my power cable to run through as I decided early on not to bother installing 240v electrics, and 3) because the van has no A/C, and they stop the wind killing your ears when the windows are open, which they will be all the time in summer.

NUMBER PLATE SURROUNDS - These were REALLY cheap and just added a nice border to the plates, which I haven't managed to replace yet, but I will as they have started to delaminate.

CIGARETTE CHARGER EXTENSION WITH USB - Horribly cheap and literally stuck to the dashboard with industrial strength super glue. But its necessary for all of the extras I want such as my awesome heated seat, and my extra heater.

HEATED SEAT COVER - I got mine from a new Lidl that opened near me, but these are available online for almost as cheap as I paid for. Worth it if you're used to modern comforts. Sadly (but not regrettably), I am, as my other vehicle is a Ford Focus Titanium X, so it has everything. It even parallel parks itself. So £12.99 for a heated seat cover that I can hide underneath my Dryrobe seat cover was a small price to pay for a hot seat.

DRYROBE SEAT COVER - I obviously suffer from the normal Renault Trafic seat wear. This is where the cloth cover rubs through, exposing foam on the drivers side from where you've been hauling your fat arse in and out, rubbing the seat edge as you go. When we went to the Southampton Boat Show, we found Dryrobe, and it turned out they make seat covers out of their robey towel material. Its really soft and awesome. The mixture of this and the heated element underneath is friggin' awesome!

RED DUST CAPS - Going with the red theme, these were a £2 upgrade for a bit of red bling.

RED RENAULT DECALS - For the theme as above, cheap and look good.

FRONT FLOOR MAT - These were from a guy on Facebook, the shop is called Marks Mats. He had what I bought for £20, or more luxurious carpet for £30, and you can choose the colour of the mat and the edge stitching. Great upgrade and reasonably priced!

Currently, that is all that has been done for upgrades, I'm sure there will be more! I currently have plans for more LED's in the back, maybe an LED spotlight for outside, alloy wheels, a side window, new leisure battery, and an inverter to really go off grid.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!