Coming up....

Got lots of new things coming up in the near future for the van, including some trips away in it at long last! I still can't believe that our last proper trip was Cowes week last August!!!

Nothing overly exciting to begin with, but I bought two steel wheels to replace the 50p shaped ones currently on the van. My mobile mechanic swapped a front wobbly one with a rear one so I wouldn't feel so much wobbling when driving, but I've been meaning to swap them for a while. And get the tracking done after 6 months!!

I won't feel so bad now going in, I can ask them to swap the tyres onto the wheels, pop the new wheels under the steering wheel, get all the wheels balanced, and the tracking done, and hopefully thats my problems for now solved.


Secondly! My insurance is now sorted hopefully, I'm just waiting for proof of my no claims to come through in the post. Once I have that, I have found a slightly damaged (chipped) sliding door window with opening in it, that I am going to get installed on the van. Kind of glad my old insurance went wrong, as my new stuff, although a bit more expensive, means I'm allowed to modify the van, i.e. install windows! Plus the added windscreen cover is awesome. Funnily enough, on the phone to Adrian Flux the other day, when he offered me the windscreen cover, I said 'oh go on then I can't say no, I'll probably hit a bloody pheasant tomorrow and then kick myself for saying no!' I can't complain for £30 for the year and no excess. But what almost happened the next day? Hit a bloody pheasant didn't I! Mind you it was in my car, I didn't break anything, but I managed to stop in time and just concuss the pheasant instead.

So this being Tuesday, hopefully my wheels will arrive tomorrow morning, and then I'll get them fitted, all wheels balanced, van tracked, money spent and on the road! Also got the thing booked in for a free health check at a local garage, they will run through it and hopefully not find any more things I need to spend money on....

Hoping to maybe pop some more time into the van in the form of fitting the second net on the rear doors, applying to Renault Decals to the side, maybe I'll take the spare wheel off and get a new tyre... who knows!

More about it on the day....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

Summer is about to kick off

MORE MODS!!!