Kicking of 2018 with a tidy.....

So I have still haven't been anywhere yet, but hey the month and the year are still new!

Despite the square wheels, I drove the thing home the other day, in order to give it a bit of a clean. Last year before our trip to the Isle of Wight, we sort of sporadically kitted it out with bits here and there, so I wasn't exactly sure what we had inside.

I took everything out of every knook and banged it on the table to see what we actually had. Like utensils, cutlery, pots and pans etc.

Turns out we had everything we needed onboard, a couple of sharp knives, normal cutlery, disposable cutlery (not very environmentally friendly I know, but more about that later). Tea supplies were also plentiful, UHT milk and cups of all shapes and sizes.

So good good, no need to buy anything else yet that I can think of (except for another portable stove and a ridge monkey)! All that was needed was a reshuffle and a tidy so I know where everything is. I decided all cooking utensils and some cutlery would live in the cubby I built at the back of the table, as that also doubles as the kitchen when the stoves are set up. All cups and mugs have been squished into the bungee on the back of the wall by the kitchen also, and theres some bits of food (biscuits, pasta etc) squeezed next to the utensils in the same shelf unit.

Underneath the table in a similarly sized shelf lives the disposable plates and bowls, the pans for the cooker, a one cup coffee press and some more cups. Underneath in the floor space lives the utensils tray and tea facilities, the one hob we currently have, and the frying pan and strainer, hanging from some screws.

It is not a great set up, I won't lie. Its definitely not up to modern camper van standards, but hey, I've done it on the cheap, with a fairly restrictive monthly budget for the last year. This year is the time I need to use it. To justify the outlay on it.

The latest vlog shows my day spent cleaning, organising and applying decals to the doors of the van. Nothing too exciting, but this is leading to some epic trips!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

Summer is about to kick off

MORE MODS!!!