And she's back!!!

Finally got the van back from the garage, new power steering pipe and gear box mounts sorted. No more leaks or rattles for the time being.

As mentioned in the last post, I was thinking of changing the spare wheel tyre, as it turns out the garage did a health check on the van for me, running their skilled eyes and hands all over it, and that was the only other thing they mentioned.

So along with the car also needing a service soon, and two new rear tyres, then tracking, the van needs a new wheel (just the one thats misshapen), all four wheels balanced properly, a new tyre on the spare (balanced also), again followed by the tracking as I already know that that is out... Its been such an expensive beginning to a new year, and its only going to get worse with my car too..

After receiving the van back, and now realising my car needs some attention, the wheels on the van may have to wait a little bit so I can conserve cash. How bad can it be? They wheels have been like they are for a year and they did get us around the Isle of Wight safely.

The only other new thing going on is the left hand side rear brake calliper. A while ago the drivers side rear seized and binded on, so I bought two as at the time I didn't realise it was only the one. It was obviously cheaper for me at the time to only pay to have one fitted. Would have done it myself but there was no time and our trip to the Isle of Wight was only a week away. Anyywayys, I have a contractor at my workplace who may be able to whack it on for me nice and cheaply sometime soon, and then that is all done.

Hoping to have some more interesting news soon, perhaps about an actual trip and some use for the van, rather than fixing it all the time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

Summer is about to kick off

MORE MODS!!!