Storage continued!

After my last post, I realised again we required more!! So I have made a basic shelf to go underneath the boxing in the corner of the roof that houses the electrics and the reverse camera wiring.
Im holding it in place currently, but this is the rough gist. I will also be covering it in a remaining piece of tongue and groove wood that I have floating about so it matches the rest of the van.
I have painted the inside with a product called Plastikote (also known as Plasti-dip elsewhere except note is cheaper on eBay and just as good). Its a spray on vinyl wrap, and has worked well elsewhere covering parts of the plastic trim in the van. The beauty is if you don't like it or want a change of colour, it simply peels off.

I've sprayed the inside of the shelf as its a rough kind of wood, which although I have sanded down, there were still a few loose bits that may cause splintering, so by covering it with the Plastikote, it keeps it relatively smooth, and besides, you won't be able to see this once its screwed to the side of the van.

This is it now installed, quite liking the look of the rustic wood, so have decided not to cover it with a piece of tongue and groove. As you can see I have used corner braces as brackets to keep it up. And although it looks like its very close to the cladding above, it fits the small bits nicely.

 As above and below, I also went nuts on these little net pouches, at £5.99 for 4 they are awesome, I've put them everywhere and they're great for small bits.
I realise this is getting boring about storage, so the rest of the month will be cleaning and stocking it up for our trip.

Thanks for reading, please subscribe at the top with your email so you're notified every time I put a new post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!