Bulkhead, Roof Insulation and LED cables.

Next up! Is the bulkhead and the roof needed insulating.

To start, I gave up on making a full size bulkhead. This is because of the seats. Where they have a backwards incline, and I wanted my bulkhead to be about an inch thick and filled with insulation to keep the heat in, this meant that the amount of space in the back of the van was getting considerably smaller, and the bulkhead was starting to poke out into the side door.

Instead, I've made myself a 2 foot high mini bulkhead. For two reason: One, being that it would provide some storage at the bottom of the seats, and two, being I then have a panel to mount a USB, Switch and Volt Metre, and a car stereo. I'll be adding the car stereo in the future, but at least I have somewhere to put it!

As you can see in the picture below, I have already installed some pallet wood onto to the roof, so I have something that isn't metal to screw the tongue and groove roofing into.
Luckily with the Renault Trafic, there are raised sections from the roof, that when you place a plank across them like I have, are nice and level. There was also space at the ends for some planks to run the length of the van too, so plenty to screw into.

This also enabled me to run the cables for the electrics, which you can see have been run with conduit along the roof. I stuck this to the roof with a mixture of duct tape (temporary) and a glue gun, just so it stays in place until I put the insulation up. I've run all the cables to behind the drivers seat, as that is where I want to keep the battery.

And then came the insulation!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!