Wheels and Trips

Right, so we're still in boring and poor mode, having spent over £1k on the van in January, I'm still dealing with the overspill in February. And the my car started wanting attention, in the way of new tyres and a service upcoming....

Anyway, I have finally gotten the wheels a little more sorted out on the van. I bought two steel wheels from a scrapyard in the hope that one of them would be round....one of them was perfect, the other had a flat bit like another on the van. At least I only spent £15 each on them!

So in case I didn't previously tell you (as if I'd remember), my mechanic told me back in August that some of my wheels were '50p shaped'! This was making the steering wheel rattle and wobble etc blah blah... Well I didn't do anything about it, for nearly 9 months.

I took my van into a trusted tyre place that I use at my work for the vehicles I look after there. I asked them to balance all my wheels, and replace the obviously flat wheel on the nearside rear with the actual round rim I managed to buy from the scrapyard.

Because this place is good, they took all four off, swapped the tyre onto the new rim, and then placed the two perfect wheels on the front, and the other two only slightly less abused wheels on the back so I wouldn't feel anything. AWESOME! The nice man also came out and said when checking the tracking, it was indeed out on the drivers side, which was correct as it was pulling to the left, and the steering wheel was pulled to the right when driving in a straight line.

£68 later, the steering is sorted. It feels tighter, the wheel doesn't rattle at motorway speeds, and the slow wobble around roundabouts has become lessened, but not completely gone. So my tires are saved, not that I did many miles in it last year. But that will all change this year!

When googling my roundabout wobble, apparently it may mean my van needs a new steering rack, but its expensive and I'm going to ignore it for now.

We have made plans to go away now, starting in March just after my birthday. Like the old people we are, we're going back to the campsite we stayed in last year in Cowes for Cowes week, just to do pretty much nothing and chill. Ferry is almost booked, Sheltapod Campervan awning is ordered also...



But then we found out that the campsite was closed! Until after Easter as its too wet to let campers onto the grass... so plan B is Durdle Door near Weymouth. Which is now booked and has made our trip much cheaper.

Finally, I have been to check all the stuff we have in the van and decided to buy some more kitchen stuff.. Wow this is really boring now....

I'm hoping to get a DJI Spark drone soon, and we have a busy march coming up, so hopefully many more exciting and not boring videos. For now see below, the latest slow video about a nights stay and a little bit of work completed inside.

more interesting stuff coming soon.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!