So its been a while....

Hellooo!

Its been a while! Since coming back from our first proper trip, we both rather got way laid with work. Kat has now started a new job and I was finishing the summer back at work.

Despite not doing any trips, I have been using the van lots. Turns out its quite good on fuel, and the full tank (£90) I put in before our trip to the Isle of Wight is still going! Im only just down to quarter of a tank now.


I have however made some improvements and additions, namely in some more tongue and groove wood to hide the metals parts of the van, and some lights. Here's a brief time-lapse of some of the improvements, with another VLOG in the making currently of all the little bits and bobs I ordered for the van whilst on holiday this month. Some more additions are my fruitful exhibits from the Southampton Boat Show, a Dryrobe car seat cover. Totally awesome and worth it for £22!!



Current further plans include but are not limited to:

  • An insulated curtain - to cut the living area in the back off from the front
  • Insulated foil windscreen and window covers - to keep more heat in and hopefully stop condensation - and keep items stored in the cab private over night
  • The purchase and utilisation of an inverter, and along with it a tassimo machine, because I can, I want to and well, why not?
  • Netting added to the rear doors in the indent to aid in clothing storage
  • Some form of sliding lock, or bar for the back doors as currently they cannot be locked from the inside manually like the other doors.
Thats it for now that I can remember. Along with all that I still need to get the van tracked to stop the steering from wobbling, and replace a mysteriously missing piece of windscreen washer line....

Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer is about to kick off

The weather is what we talk about best as British people....

MORE MODS!!!